Massage Therapy Schools in Illinois
Illinois State Massage Therapist licensing requirements:
The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation requires that applicants for a Massage Therapist license complete at least 500 hours at a massage school that is approved by the state. You must also take and pass the National Certification Exam for massage and bodywork. Your license must be renewed every two years and you must take 24 hours of continuing education classes.
The Soma Institute
This school is located in downtown Chicago and offers comprehensive, clinical massage training.
- Academic requirements exceed Illinois licensing policies.
- The Clinical Massage Therapy Diploma Program lets students prepare for a career in spas, hospitals and sports massage.
- The Master Clinical Massage Therapy Program teaches advanced bodywork as well as Oriental massage and Ayurveda basics.
- The school offers a variety of Financial Aid options.
- Classes are offered during the day, evening or weekend to fit your needs.
[ Get Free Info on The Soma Institute ]
Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
With campuses in Chicago, New York and San Diego, this school specializes in Oriental medicine, massage and acupuncture.
- There is an emphasis on Oriental medical theory and students can train in Shiatsu, Thai massage, and other Asian bodywork techniques.
- Massage Therapy students have a minimum of 600 hours when they complete the program.
- Students learn to design a massage program based on their client’s needs.
[ Get Info on the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine ]
European Massage Therapy School
Chicago (Skokie), IL
Located north of Chicago in Skokie, this school has been in operation for about 10 years.
- Small class size lets instructors give each student more attention.
- Depending on schedule, a 610-hour massage therapy program can be completed in eight to ten months.
- Graduates are prepared to take the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork Exam.
- Lifelong job placement assistance is available for graduates.
National University of Health Sciences Massage Therapy Program
This school in Lombard, Illinois, was founded in 1906 and was formerly the National School of Chiropractic.
- They have a one-year massage therapy program that you can access full or part-time.
- The program focuses on Swedish massage, chair massage, and sports massage.
- There are ninety hours of clinical practice in addition to the 600-hour program.
- Students receive instruction on setting up their own massage business and maintaining good relationships with clients and coworkers.
[ Get Info Academy of Massage Therapy ]