Massage Therapy Schools in North CarolinaA career in massage therapy is one that not only presents many opportunities for employment, but also provides a needed service for communities and clients. Before pursuing such a career, however, it is important to be informed of the steps and requirements to achieve such a goal.
North Carolina State Massage Therapist licensing requirements:
- Complete a massage and bodywork therapy application with supporting documentation.
- Pass one of the following examinations:
- The National Certification Exam
- The Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination
- The Oriental Bodywork Therapy Examination
- Complete training in massage therapy representing at least 500 educational hours at a board-approved school or at an exempted North Carolina Community College program.
Most Import Part of Becoming a Massage TherapistOne of the most important steps in getting an NC massage license is the choice of a good massage school. In fact, a massage school often plays a large role in guiding graduates through the various requirements to realize their goal to become a massage therapist. Here are several well-respected massage schools in the state of North Carolina:
Southeastern School of MassageLocations: Charlotte, Charleston, Columbia, NC and Nashville, TN
The programs at Southeastern School of Massage has several featuress:
[ Get Info on the Southeastern School of Massage ]
Miller-Motte College of Massage TherapyCary, Fayetteville, Greenville, Raleigh, Wilmington, NC
The Miller-Motte College of Massage Therapy offers the follwoing:
[ Get Info on the Miller-Motte College of Massage Therapy ]
Living Arts InstituteWinston-Salem, NC
The Living Arts Institute has several advantages:
[ Get Info on the Living Arts Institute ]
Medical Careers InstituteLocations: Charlotte, Concord, Greensboro and Raleigh NC
These are features of the Medical Careers Institute:
[ Get Info on the Medical Careers Institute ]